Riverside Bridge School Behaviour Policy
The Governing Body believes that in order to enable effective teaching and learning to take place, good behaviour in all aspects of school life is necessary. We seek to create a school ethos which promotes self-esteem, self-discipline, proper regard for authority and positive relationships based on mutual respect; genuine caring and trust by:
• valuing every pupil as an individual;
• promoting positive self-esteem and self-advocacy;
• communicating to pupils belief in their abilities and ambition for their highest possible achievement;
• providing an environment which is disciplined, caring, safe and free from disruption, violence, bullying or any form of harassment;
• promoting early intervention alongside fair and objective consideration of a pupil’s problems and empathic, informed and effective management;
• encouraging consistency in the application of the positive behaviour support required by individuals;
• ensuring consequences are appropriate, effective and least restrictive relative to any behavioural difficulty;
• promoting for individual pupils as much independence to function in as normal an environment as possible;
• ensuring interventions provide opportunities to learn or improve skills and manage and control their own behaviour.
• encouraging positive relationships with parents and carers and shared approaches to the implementation of the school’s policy and associated procedures.
View the full behaviour policy Here